Laptop Buying Guide in India 2021
- These days we can see Laptops with lots of different specifications, models, Categories etc. So before buying the Laptop one must think of the primary usage of the Laptop. Either you are a Student, Professional or a Gamer. So it is very important to know your requirement.
- The performance of the Laptop is based on the five factors.
1. RAM Guide: RAM is Random access memory. RAM is a temporary memory of the computer which helps in running the applications smoothly. The Data stored in this memory is lost when we switch off the computer. Majorily there are two types of RAM used in the Laptops; DDR3 & DDR4. The Differene between DDR3 & DDR4 is listed below.
a)RAM is essentially the core of any computer or smartphone and in most cases, more is always better. RAM is as significant at the processor. A right amount of RAM on your smartphone or computer optimizes performance and the ability to support various types of software.
Generally, the faster the RAM, the faster the processing speed. With faster RAM, you increase the speed at which memory transfers information to other components. Meaning, your fast processor now has an equally fast way of talking to the other components, making your computer much more efficient.
DDR3 RAM was launched in 2007
DDR4 RAM was launched in 2014
The maximum memory limit in DDR3 RAM is 16 GB
There is no memory limit in DDR4 RAM
DDR3 works on 1.5 V voltage
DDR4 RAM consumes less voltage, It works on 1.2 V voltag
DDR3 RAM consumes Power
DDR4 RAM consumes Power
2. Hard drive Guide: Hard drive is basically storage of your Laptop. Any Application, Photos etc. which you want to save on your Laptop will be saved on the hard drive. There are 3 types of hard drives available in the Market; HDD, SSD & SSHD.
To select the hard drive, it depends on the requirement of an individual. For instance, if you require more storage with in minimal budget then go with HDD. But you have to compromise on the speed as they are a little slower than SSD.
The SSD drive on the other hand is faster than the HDD drive but they are limited on the storage and far more expensive than the HDD drive.
3. Battery : Battery plays a vital role in a Laptop and is totally depends on the requirement. If most of the time you are using the Laptop where there is no point of electricity then you have to go with a Laptop having more Watt Hours. But this makes the Laptop heavy as the bigger the battery is the heavier your Laptop is. So you have to consider your usage while selecting the Laptop.
4. Processor: A processor is a Brain of a Laptop which can handles trillions of calculations per second. The better the processor is the more complex work it can handle. Majorly there are two companies who are making the Processors; Intel & AMD. The most popular processors developed by Intel are Core i3, Core i5, Core i7 & Core i9 and for AMD are AMD 12, AMD Ryzen 3, AMD Ryzen 5 & AMD Ryzen 7.
a) What is the processor of a computer?
A processor (CPU) is the logic circuitry that responds to and processes the basic instructions that drive a computer. The CPU is seen as the main and most crucial integrated circuitry (IC) chip in a computer, as it is responsible for interpreting most of computers commands.